Silva compass Ranger S is an easy-to-use mirror sighting compass that is used and appreciated by many outdoor enthusiasts; e.g. climbers, hikers and hunters. This compass has all the necessary features you need for your adventures.
Silva compass Ranger S mirror sighting compass should be your choice when you must determine direction over long distances. The Ranger S features rubber grip for easy handling and comes with a use-anywhere declination scale inside the capsule. A base plate map-measuring in mm and scales of 1:50,000 and 1:25,000. Ranger S has the additional benefit of 45-degree angle assistance on the mirror sighting function. A go-anywhere tool for serious compass users.
MIRROR SIGHTING FOR LONGER DISTANCES
This compass features a mirror that allows you to view the compass dial and the background at the same time. The fact that the compass dial can be seen at the same time the reference point is aligned makes mirror compasses more desirable for taking accurate bearings. A mirror-sighting compass is at its best in open terrain where you must determine direction over long distances.
This compass model is equipped with a detachable scale lanyard that works like a ruler. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which makes it easier to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place directly on to your route on the map when you are out in the terrain – or when you are planning for your next adventure.
- Mirror sighting with sighting hole for accurate bearings
- Detachable distance lanyard with scales to measure longer distances
- Map measuring scales; mm, GPS scales 1:25 and 1:50
- Rotatable housing – use with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Rubber grip – easy handling
- Declination scale inside the capsule
- Luminous markings that enables night navigation
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions
|Included accessories||Distance lanyard (1:25, 1:50)|
|Measuring scales||mm1:25000, 1:50000|
|Type of compass||Sighting|